The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life - all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the position of Corporate Applications Analyst within the Information Technology Department. The successful applicant will share responsibilities in maintaining and integrating the AMANDA application to develop sustainable IT solutions for the organization across various corporate systems. This position is an integral part of a team of technology professionals tasked with application administration, business process re-engineering, lifecycle upgrades and business collaboration to gain efficiencies and utilize technology to maintain a healthy system infrastructure. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Corporate Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
- Perform end-to-end Systems Development Life Cycle activities.
- Use functional specifications of business requirements, develop, design, test, implement and sustain quality solutions using AMANDA.
- Develop, design and maintain reports using Crystal Reports 2011.
- Provide input into IT policies and overall application integration.
- Participate in various projects, either in the role of Corporate Applications Analyst or as a resource.
- Work with the Corporate Database Administrator to develop and implement data management roadmap.
- Work in conjunction with other technical staff to isolate, troubleshoot, resolve problems and administer the AMANDA application.
- Participate in upgrades and rollouts of the AMANDA application.
- Maintain intimate and evolutionary technical familiarity with the infrastructure, data, tools and corporate applications.
- Work within existing change management procedures to implement software updates, packaging, and deployment.
- Provide training and coaching to staff on the AMANDA application and reports.
- Manage small to medium size projects and/or work as part of a project team.
- Manage relationship with vendors and consultants.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Considerable experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a Diploma or University Degree with a major in Computer Science or a related discipline and considerable experience in applications analysis and design and business process re-engineering in a medium to large sized corporate environment, preferably in a municipal setting. Candidates with equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent knowledge of the AMANDA application (administration and user functionality).
- Must possess a valid Class G driver’s licence and possess a good driving record.
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL, Trigger and related Oracle RDMS tools.
- Experience with Crystal Reports.
- Ability to design custom and ad-hoc reports (PL/SQL and Crystal Reports).
- Experience with project management systems such as Eclipse, Microsoft Project and/or Basecamp.
- Advanced competency with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Able to handle multiple and changing priorities and coordinate available resources accordingly.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage projects and report on progress.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships.
$78,810.65 - $98,513.31 per year
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Tuesday, November 28, 2017. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
To access the online application system, please visit the job posting listed on http://guelph.ca/employment-careers/ and click on the “Apply for this job” icon. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.