Reporting the Recreation Coordinator Aquatics, you will provide assistance with respect to city wide programs and service delivery for the aquatic team. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
Hours of Work:
- 35 hours per week Sunday to Saturday any five (5) days. For the purpose of special events, community outreach, public facility bookings and program registrations, employees may be required to work evening and weekends.
- Plan, organize, and ensure the delivery of swim lessons and drop in programs at Lyon Leisure Pool that meet the standards of the lifesaving society as set out by the City of Guelph and the needs of the community
- Provide on-going support to the entire aquatic team, act as a resource person and leader
- Ensure effective delivery, planning supervision and evaluation of programs and services
- Assist with training, coaching and the evaluation of staff, provide coaching for improved performance
- Assist with swim instruction, lifeguarding and monitoring of all aquatic programs and activities
- Assist in the planning, organization, and delivery of aquatic staff training
- Assist with the day to day operation of the Wading Pools in the absence of the Wading Pool Team Lead
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office and CLASS
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public relation skills
- Excellent knowledge of relevant aquatic legalisation
- Other duties as assigned
- One year Aquatic Deck Supervisor experience
- Pursing a degree/diploma in Social Services, Recreation and Leisure Studies, or related field
- Current National Lifeguard (NL) certification
- Current Lifesaving Society Swim Instructors certification
- Current Lifesaving Society Instructors and Coaching Level 1 certifications would be an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C certification
- High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development certification
- Current Aquatic Supervisor Training, NL Instructor, SFA Instructor or LSS Instructor Trainer certifications considered an asset
- A valid Class G drivers licence with a good driving record. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm their licence is held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
- A current Police Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check is required immediately after an offer has been made and must be dated no earlier than the offer date.
Rate of Pay: $16.50 per hour
How to Apply:
Applications must be received online by Monday, January 22, 2018. To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply For this Job" button. In order to be considered for this position you must complete all of the steps when creating your profile. This will include a short online screening questionnaire specific to this position as part of the application process. You will also need to attach both your cover letter and resume saved as one document. If you have already created a profile, you may simply login to begin your application.
The City of Guelph is committed to creating a fair and equitable workplace with employment systems that allow everyone to participate fully and with respect for their diversity. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please notify us when you are contacted for an interview.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer