Reporting the Supervisor Aquatics, Inclusion and Volunteers you will provide assistance with respect to set up and operation of the wading pools in the City of Guelph. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
Hours of Work:
- 35 hours per week Sunday to Saturday any five (5) days. For the purpose of special events, community outreach, public facility bookings and program registrations, employees may be required to work evening and weekends.
- Coordinate and deliver all wading pool specific training and orientation sessions and support other city mandated trainings for summer wading pool staff
- Ensure effective delivery, planning supervision and evaluation of programs and services
- Provide ongoing support to the entire wading pool team, act as a resource person and leader
- Assist with training, coaching and the evaluation of staff, provide coaching for improved performance
- Visit each site location regularly and be available to support each site through problem-solving
- Assist with the day to day operation of Lyon Leisure Pool in the absence of the Aquatic Programmer
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office and CLASS
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public relation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Occupational health and safety act and of the operation of wading pools
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess good team skills and have a focus on quality customer service
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience working as an Wading Pool Attendant is consider an asset
- Standard First Aid with CPR C certification
- Wading Pool Attendant or National Lifeguard certification
- A valid Class G drivers licence with a good driving record. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm their licence is held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
- A current Drivers Abstract is required immediately after an offer has been made and must be dated no earlier than the offer date.
- A current Police Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check is required immediately after an offer has been made and must be dated no earlier than the offer date.
Rate of Pay: $16.50 per hour
How to Apply:
Applications must be received online by Monday, January 22, 2018. To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply For this Job" button. In order to be considered for this position you must complete all of the steps when creating your profile. This will include a short online screening questionnaire specific to this position as part of the application process. You will also need to attach both your cover letter and resume saved as one document. If you have already created a profile, you may simply login to begin your application.
The City of Guelph is committed to creating a fair and equitable workplace with employment systems that allow everyone to participate fully and with respect for their diversity. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please notify us when you are contacted for an interview.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer