The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life - all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Reporting to the Manager of Culture and Tourism, the successful candidate will focus on delivering quality customer service and continuous improvement processes. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Corporate Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
Hours of Work:
Up to 24 hours per week. This is a part-time casual position with varying shifts Saturday to Sunday.
- Assist with market operations, including preparing all areas of the facility in advance of market opening, as well as closing duties.
- Assist with maintaining a safe environment throughout the facility at all times.
- Empty waste containers and dispose waste in designated areas.
- Perform variety of cleaning tasks such as but not limited to sweeping, vacuuming, washing floors, mirrors, windows, washrooms, office and polishing. Respond to emergency clean-ups and spills, garbage removal etc. Other such duties also including stocking supplies, cleaning up outside, snow shoveling and set-up/ break downs event specific
- Adhere to all City of Guelph and facility service standards and policies, including Health and Safety.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Work with enthusiasm and professionalism as a member of the Market operations team at all times.
- Working with work order system for building maintenance.
- Work within the specifications of supervisor or assigned supervisory staff at all times.
- Assist with promotional activities and event execution.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through a grade 12 diploma with relevant experience in facility operations, clerical support and 3-6 months of customer service. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Basic computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Possess a strong customer focus, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment or independently.
- Knowledge of basic operational functions, including affiliated roles & responsibilities.
- Able to understand and comprehend all policies and procedures as they relate to the work being performed.
- Able to follow instructions and operate various related cleaning equipment.
- Must be physically fit to perform all essential duties/requirements associated with this job.
- Able to maintain good working relationship with co-workers.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Must be a reliable self-starter and able to make decisions and function with minimal supervision.
- Possess strong organizational skills, be able to manage multiple/changing demands and priorities and be capable of performing a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Current or ability to obtain Emergency First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Must be able to perform some physical labour such as lifting and sweeping
Rate: $14.00 – 14.50 per hour
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Friday, January 5, 2018. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
To access the online application system, please visit the job posting listed on http://guelph.ca/employment-careers/ and click on the “Apply for this job” icon. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.