The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life - all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
- Assist with the administration, coordination and delivery of the City’s Outside Water Use Program.
- Assist with the design of educational and promotional campaigns and materials.
- Complete customer appointment bookings for the City’s Landscape Visit Program.
- Conduct water conservation research over the internet and telephone.
- Correspond with City staff, industry contacts, and customers as needed on behalf of the programs section.
- Provide administrative/clerical support for the programs section.
- Travel within Guelph to research, review, or assist with Outside Water Use Program business and Water Conservation Programs and Promotions.
- Identify creative opportunities for communicating water conservation and efficiency program resources to Guelph residents and businesses.
- Post-secondary education (completed or in process) in environmental science, environmental resource studies, or closely related field. Candidates with equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid G or G2 driver’s licence with a good driving record and a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
- Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal) along with strong research and planning skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must be able to understand and interpret relevant environmental legislation, water conservation industry practices and issues.
- Knowledge of water conservation industry best practices and municipal water and wastewater systems would be an asset.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm they have a valid driver’s licence held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. T he City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
$15.35 to $17.69 depending on education level and work experience
City of Guelph - Water Services Department, 29 Waterworks Place, Guelph.
35 hours per week starting April/May 2018 for approximately 4 months
How to Apply:
Applications must be received online by January 31, 2018. To apply for this position, please click on the “Apply For This Position” icon.
In order to be considered for this position you must complete all of the steps when creating your profile. This will include a short online screening questionnaire specific to this position as part of the application process. You will also need to attach both your cover letter and resume saved as one document (PDF format preferred). If you have already created a profile, you may simply login to begin your application.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.